The research now transitions into the lab and the library. The blog won't end here. Over the summer, we'll make more entries about the other excavation units. Perhaps some of the students will finally write for the blog and post photographs. Jessica and I will keep updating the blog all next year during the analysis and write up, as we complete artifact analyses, lab tests, and experiments.
These are some of the overall site pictures that we took before sunrise yesterday, when the City of Parowan lent us a cherry-picker bucket truck.
This picture shows the relationship between the kiln, the cellar, and the northern workshop building.
Here is a detail shot of the kiln, showing the fully excavated firebox, flue, and outline:
Another overall shot that shows the relationship between the opening of the trench that leads to the firebox and the opening of the workshop basement door:
A great picture of this great crew on the last day, just before we broke up for our final jobs: